Although most of our classes can be followed by students of any experience level, we have rated our classes by difficulty level in our schedule as follows:
- Anfänger/Beginners: Beginners (See our DISCOVERY class below)
- Alle / all: All levels
- Mittel: Intermediate
- The Discovery Class is our „Yoga for dummies“ class. After 4 x 60-minute lessons or 2 x 120-minute lessons you will be familiar with the basic yoga postures, breathing techniques, main yoga styles taught at ATAÏA, props, benefits and contraindications as well as yoga etiquette.
- Anusara classes are lighthearted, positive, and fun. They are not easy, however, as they include vinyasa flow and a lot of alignment work. Anusara encourages the use of props making classes accessible to students of differing abilities. Anusara appeals to those who want to work both their physical and spiritual well-being.
- Ashtanga yoga is a dynamic and challenging form of hatha yoga. Each pose is linked to the next through a series of connecting movements called vinyasa, allowing the body to create heat and leading to more flexibility. This powerful and vigorous practice purifies and realigns the body, cultivating a feeling of inner peace, and leading to a natural state of meditation.
- This general yoga style utilizes the classical yoga postures and different sequencing depending on the instructor for the purpose of strengthening, opening, and cleansing the body. This class is conducted in a unique way by each different instructor–so Hatha with one teacher might not be the same experience as Hatha with another teacher.
- Prenatal Yoga includes a mixture of balancing, strengthening and stretching poses that are appropriate during pregnancy, emphasizing breathing and relaxation. For a relaxed mum and a healthier baby!
- Postnatal yoga offers new mothers about 6 weeks to 12 months postpartum a balanced yoga practice focused on rebuilding core strength, firming the pelvic floor and opening shoulder and upper back tension. Please consult your doctor prior to returning to an exercise program postpartum.
- Vinyasa Flow classes base on the typical poses of Hatha Yoga. These are however linked in a dynamic and flowing sequence. Every transition is coordinated with the breath. The practice is like a meditation in movement. We begin the practice with a gentle warm up for the spine, followed by a strong standing sequence and inversions/back bends; we eventually end with soothing and restorative poses until we reach deep relaxation. The combination of stamina and relaxation makes these classes very balanced and both energizing and meditative.
- Pilates strengthens the muscles that support the spine (the neck, shoulders, abs, hips and thighs) to bring balance into the body. Pilates helps to realign the spine in order to decrease tension, increase flexibility, and strengthen the body from the inside out. We provide mat exercises.
- This method focuses, among others, on breath control, learning how to relax more deeply and consciously and developing a greater ability to concentrate. We employ aesthetic positions (ásanas) that strengthen the muscles, joints and nerves, making them stronger and more flexible. Ásanas stimulate the internal organs and glands in a balanced fashion that takes each person’s biorhythm into consideration. Practitioners experience an increased quality of life.
The atmosphere of my classes is relaxed and cheerful but yet serious and demanding.
Language: German, English or Portuguese
Fitness Personal Training
- Tailored strength, cardio and stretching training with a personal trainer
- private lessons only.
- Private lessons are tailored to your specific needs. Please contact us or your favorite teacher for more details.
Should your preferred class from the above not be scheduled yet, please contact us for more details.